By: Rose Marie Jarry, Master Chef at Kronobar
- 2 cups cooked red kidney beans
- ½ cup ground flaxseeds
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tablespoons dijon mustard
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 3 chopped garlic cloves
- Sea salt and pepper
- 1 pinch of cayenne powder
- If mixing by hand, mash the beans with a potato masher first, then mix in the rest of the ingredients well, or use a standing mixer for better/easier results.
- Form 5 burgers with your hands.
- Preheat a pan and drizzle a few drops of coconut oil into it. Cook each burger over medium heat, 3 minutes a side.
- If you don’t use all 5 burgers for the same meal, store them in the fridge in an airtight bowl for 2-3 days, or longer in the freezer. But do not cook them.
- Create your favorite burger with these fantastic vegan patties. Use good quality buns and your choice of condiments. (For example, fresh tomato, kale or lettuce leaves, red onions, grilled mushroom, mustard, etc.)