By: Rose Marie Jarry, Master Chef at Kronobar
- 2 small, fresh tuna steaks
- 1/2 cup of almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut milk beverage
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Place the almond flour on a plate.
- Slice the tuna steaks into strips a ½ inch thick.
- Mix coconut milk beverage and vanilla extract in a bowl. Soak slices of tuna in bowl
- Dip the tuna in the liquid, then lay each side in the almond flour.
- Cook the floured tuna pieces into the small sauce pan with the melted coconut oil into it. The pan has to be well heated before you place the tuna into it.
- Using a well heated sauce pan, fry the floured tuna in coconut oil 15-20 seconds on each side then serve.
Notice: The consumption of raw or undercooked eggs, meat, poultry, seafood or shellfish may increase your risk of food borne illness.