By: Rose Marie Jarry, Master Chef at Kronobar
10 minutes + 15-45, 4 servings, gluten-free, vegan.
- 1 cup cooked basmati or regular rice
- 1 cup cooked wild rice
- 1 ¾ cups coconut milk
- ¼ cup organic cane sugar or coconut palm sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg (if you can grated it yourself from a whole nutmeg, it is even better)
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla
Crystallized carrots and raisins:
- ¼ cup organic cane sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded carrots, I used purple carrot to have a great color.
- ½ cup dried raisins
- For this recipe you will need 2 cups of cooked rice. If you don’t have any cooked rice at the moment, you should start first by cooking some rice.
- Start incorporating the tomato paste, chopped sundried tomatoes, and vegetable broth. Let all the ingredients simmer for 20 minutes on low heat. Keep the coconut oil remaining to add at thIn a sauce pan, heat up the sugar from the crystallized carrots along with the water. Bring it to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium/low and let simmer.
- Shred the carrots and add it into the sugar sauce pan, along with the dried raisins. Let it simmer together for 10-15 minutes on low heat.
- Take a larger sauce pan and heat up the coconut milk along with the other ¼ cup of cane sugar, the vanilla, and nutmeg. When it starts boiling, reduce the heat and add the 2 cups of cooked rice into the milk. Let it simmer on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Mix the rice pudding with the whole crystallized carrots mix or, you could serve it one on top of the other in a bowl.
- Let it cool down before serving.