By: Rose Marie Jarry, Master Chef at Kronobar
4 servings, 10 minutes, 40 minutes of cooking, + 1 hour of refrigeration time, gluten free, vegan
- 2 cups of peeled and diced parsnips
- 1 big apple
- 1 big pear
- ¼ cup of organic cane sugar
- ¼ cup of water
- 2 TBS of real maple syrup
- 1 TBS of real vanilla extract
- 2 TBS of chia seeds
- 1 TBS of pectin powder
- 1 pinch of “fleur de sel”
- Dice the fruits and vegetable and steam them for 30-40 minutes until the parsnip is very soft.
- When the vegetable is cooked, heat it up into a small sauce pan with the cane sugar, water, maple syrup and fleur de sel, until its start boiling, then reduce the heat to medium and let it simmer for 6-8 minutes. Keep an eye on it, we want the sugar to turn a bit darker — but not burn.
- Blend the vegetable and fruit together and then pour the cooked sugar (caramel) into the mixture.
- Add the pectin, vanilla, and chia and mix well.
- Let the pudding cool down into the fridge for 1 hour minimum before eating it.