By: Rose Marie Jarry, Master Chef at Kronobar
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 1 cup eggplant, diced
- 1 medium sized onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- 1 ¼ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup chickpea flour
- 2 tablespoons potato flour
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon organic vegetable broth powder
- Pinch sea salt and pepper
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- ¼ cup ground flax seeds
- ¼ cup chickpea flour
- ¾ cup vegan cheese replacement
- ¼ cup water
- Pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Take all the ingredients from the crust and mix them in a bowl.
- Grease a pie pan of about 8 inches and add the crust mis to the bottom of the pan. Add a little bit of water on your hand so it does not stick to the mix.
- Pre-cook the crust for 10 minutes in the hot oven.
- In the meantime, prepare the filling section.
- Heat up a pan and melt the coconut oil in it. Chop the onion and let it roast for 1 minute in the hot pan.
- Chop the eggplant and sprinkle some sea salt on it. Let it sit for 5 minutes. Add it into the hot pan with the onion and smoked paprika. After 1 minute, add the water and let it cook for 5 minutes on low heat.
- Turn off the heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, pour the coconut milk, then start adding the flour, chia seeds and spices. Continuously whisk while adding these ingredients to the coconut milk until there are no clumps left.
- Don’t forget to remove the crust from the oven after 10 minutes. After the 10 minutes add the veggies to the middle of the pan and pour the liquid mix over it. Use a spoon to make the filling and liquid even.
- Bake the quiche in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Let it cool down 30 minutes minimum before trying to cut it. This process will help the quiche hold itself, since we are not using any eggs and cream.
- Serve with a green salad and enjoy!