By: Rose Marie Jarry, Master Chef at Kronobar
15 minutes, 2 servings, gluten-free, vegan.
- 2 slices of eggplant, about 1 cm thick.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon vegan cheese replacement, Daiya’s brand
- 6 thin sticks of raw carrots
- 2 slices raw bell pepper
- 1 scallion
- 2 slices red onion
- Lay the two eggplant slices flat and sprinkle some sea salt on them. Let them sit for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, chop your veggies into long and thin strips.
- Heat up a pan and add the olive oil. Bake for 3 minutes on high heat one side of the eggplants. Then flip and cook 1 minute on the other side. Remove from the pan and let them cool down.
- Add the bell pepper into the pan along with the vegan cheese* and cook for 1 minute.
- If the cheese starts to melt, it is a good sign. Grab it with a spatula and place onto the eggplant.
- Garnish with some onion scallions and slices carrots then roll the eggplant like a wrap over the garniture.
- Serve warm or cold.