By: Rose Marie Jarry, Master Chef at Kronobar
25 minutes, 4 burgers, 212 calories per serving, gluten-free, dairy free, pescatarian.
- 2 cod fillets fresh or unfrozen
- 2 tablespoons potato flour
- ¼ cup mushroom, finely chopped
- ¼ cup zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Celtic salt and pepper
- Large ripe avocado
- Red onion slices to garnish
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Ground the fresh fish in a food processor along with the herbs and spices and half of the lemon juice.
- Heat up a pan with coconut oil and sauté the mushroom and zucchini.
- Add the vegetables to the food processor and blend for a few seconds with the fish.
- Form 4 burgers with the mixture and fry in the same pan, about a minute a side over medium heat.
- Serve the burgers on some fresh avocado slices and pour the remaining lemon juice on top. Lay on some red onion and slices of grilled zucchini as well. I ate mine with a side dish of organic tomato salsa instated of regular ketchup. It was delicious.
Notice: The consumption of raw or undercooked eggs, meat, poultry, seafood or shellfish may increase your risk of food borne illness.
Always use your freshest, and most trusted sources when procuring your ingredients.