By: Rose Marie Jarry, Master Chef at Kronobar
30 minutes, 4 servings, gluten-free, pescaterian, dairy free.
Get ready to wok with your cherries!
- 2 cups frozen pitted cherries
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup organic cane sugar or other sweetener
- Celtic sea salt
- 32 ounces shelled tiger shrimps
- 2 bell peppers of your choice
- 1 onion
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons gluten free and low sodium teriyaki sauce
- Celtic sea salt and pepper
- In a saucepan, cook the cherries on medium heat along with all the other ingredients from the sauce section. Let it simmer for 5-8 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Slice the onion and bell peppers in long and thin pieces.
- Chop the garlic.
- Remove the shells from the shrimp.
- Heat up a pan or wok and pour in the olive oil. Add the garlic and other vegetables and let them roast for 2-3 minutes. Keep stirring them.
- Remove the roasted veggies from the pan and set aside.
- Pour a little bit of additional oil into the pan along with the teriyaki sauce. Add the shrimps and grill them for a few minutes, until they become red. Right away add back the veggies into the pan and pour the cherry sauce on top. Let it cook for a 30-60 seconds more.
- Serve while it’s hot, with fresh chives on top, and a side dish of rice or quinoa if you wish.