By: Rose Marie Jarry, Master Chef at Kronobar
25 minutes, 16 servings, gluten-free, vegan.
Baking with cashews couldn’t be simpler.
- 1 ½ cup gluten-free flour of your choice: pea, broad bean, buckwheat, rice, or quinoa)
- 1/2 cup cold pressed olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced + its zests
- 2 teaspoons husk powder or xanthan
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- ½ cup organic cane sugar
- ½ cup whole raw cashew nuts
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Pre-heat the oven to 400F.
- In a big bowl, mix the flour and oil together with a fork, until you have a sandy texture and the oil is evenly distributed throughout the mixture.
- Then add all the dry ingredients and mix again.
- Pour the water and lemon juice in the middle of the bowl and mix with a spoon. Finish by using your hand to form a ball of dough.
- Roll the dough into a sausage shape, about 10 inches long. Slice the dough into 16 pieces and lay each piece on a cookie sheet pan.
- Bake in the oven at 400F for 15 minutes.