10 minutes of preparation – 90 minutes of cooking – 2h+ refrigeration, 8 servings, 186 calories per serving, vegan, gluten-free.
- 3 cups cooked white beans
- ½ cup coconut cream paste
- ½ cup raw shredded beets
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon potato flour
- 1 tablespoon raw coconut vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup of other natural sweetener
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon all natural vegetable broth powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum (facultative)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- ¼ cup vegetable broth or water
- Mix the water or vegetable broth into a bowl along with the chia seeds and let it soak for a while.
- In the meantime, mix all the other ingredients together. Mash or blend a little bit the white beans before mixing them with the rest of the ingredients.
- Pre heat the oven to 350F.
- Use a small and greased glass or ceramic bowl to cook the pâté in. About 5×5 inches.
- Place the pâté mixture in it and compact it with a spatula, make it even.
- Pour the jelly chia mixture over it and cover the bowl with foil.
- To simulate a double boiler, you will use a bigger pan, deep enough to pour water into it, so when you will place the bowl with the pâté inside this pan, the water will reach half of the height of the bowl filled with the pâté.
- Cook in the oven for 90 minutes.
- Then remove the bowl with the pâté from the oven and let it cool down 30 minutes at room temperature, then into the fridge for 2-3 hours.
- Slice it and serve as a spread on bread, crackers, sandwiches or more.