65 minutes, 4 burgers, 229 calories per serving gluten-free, dairy free, pescatarian.
- 2 cod fillets, fresh or unfrozen
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 3 garlic cloves crusted
- 1 teaspoon thyme herb
- 2 cups rutabaga, diced
- 1 small potato
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon of Celtic salt
- Ground pepper
- Place all the spices into a bowl except for the olive oil, 1 tablespoon of turmeric, and ¼ teaspoon of Celtic salt. Rub the 2 fish filets into the spices, making sure it is all covered.
- Steam the rutabaga and potatoes. Make sure you diced them into small pieces, this way it will take less time to cook. Steam them until they get very soft, about 25 minutes.
- Pre heat the oven to 375F.
- Mashed the rutabaga and potato together in a bowl, alone with the olive oil, turmeric, ground pepper and celtic salt.
- Use some ceramic bowl or glass pan that goes into the oven. Slightly grease them at the bottom and then lay a bed of mashed rutabaga mix, place the spiced fish into the middle of the rutabaga and press down a little bit on it so it is a little but cover on the side by the mashed vegetables.
- Cook for 20 minutes at 375, then 10 minutes at 400F.
- Finish the cooking time with at 3 minutes at broil, this would allow the vegetable and the fish to become a little bit roasted at the top. Depending on the strength of you oven, make sure you stay close by when you broil it, we don’t want it to burn.
- Serve hot and enjoy.
*These are rough estimates of nutrition made with computer programs. We are cooks, not scientists. These numbers are for your reference.
Notice: The consumption of raw or undercooked eggs, meat, poultry, seafood or shellfish may increase your risk of food borne illness.
Always use your freshest, and most trusted sources when procuring your ingredients.