Beet and Beef Balls
By: Rose Marie Jarry, Master Chef at Kronobar
40 minutes, 4 servings, gluten-free, dairy free.
Beef Ball Mix:
- 1 pound organic ground beef
- 1 cup shredded raw beets
- 4 garlic cloves
- ½ cup quinoa flakes or cooked quinoa seeds
- 2 tablespoons old fashioned mustard
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon organic vegetable broth powder
- Ground pepper
- Cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh or dried Rosemary
- 2 medium size cooked beets
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- Sea salt
- 1 tablespoon potato flour or starch
- Mix all the ingredients from the balls mix together. Form 15 balls of the size of a golf ball.
- Heat up a pan, cook the balls in the pan with a little bit of coconut oil to prevent sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Cook them for about 5 minutes on medium high heat.
- Blend the cooked beets and vegetable broth together. Add the potato flour and spices and mix well.
- Pour the sauce on the balls and place the pan into the oven for 15 minutes at 375F.
- Serve hot with rice or a nice green salad.